The purpose of Prayer Ministries is to encourage the development prayer which is the breath of the soul. We want to also equip the churches and members with materials that will help to develop a meaningful prayer life.
Through prayer, Bible study, and Fellowship, Bangalore Metro Conference Prayer Ministry’s mission is to help people have a closer, stronger, and more intimate relationship with Christ and each other. Jesus said, “Mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people…I will make them and the places round about My hill a blessing” (Isaiah 56:7; Ezekiel 34:26).
Basic Prayer Instructions
1) Pray in the morning and in the evening as the priest in the Hebrew sanctuary offered incense during the morning and evening sacrifice.
2) Find a quiet place, preferably at home, in your bedroom or in a closet.
3) If you can kneel down, then please find a place to kneel.
4) Talk to God in your own language.
5) Reach out to God, and say something like: “Father in Heaven, I come before you today in prayer…”
6) Speak to God in conversation with your prayers for others and for yourself.
7) Close with: “In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”
While on Earth, Jesus spent countless hours each day in prayer to His Father seeking guidance and strength. The Gospels talk about Jesus spending the night in prayer and getting away to pray. His number one request was that His Father’s will would be done on Earth as it is in Heaven. So what about us feeble humans?
The BMC Prayer Ministry exists to encourage the use of this powerful resource to provide the strength, guidance and blessings to the church and the community. This two way communication with our Heavenly Father allows us to not only express our desires, but through prayer, God’s power for revival and transformation of lives will be released.
“No sooner does the child of God approach the mercy seat than he becomes the client of the great Advocate”. EGW, Prayer, pg. 238
Resourceful links for Prayer Materials.