The Women’s Ministries Department exists to defend, promote and challenge Adventist women in their pilgrimage as disciples of Jesus Christ and members the world church.
Our purpose is to inspire women to reach their potentials in Christ; to train them to deepen their spiritual life and to put their faith in action by employing their valuable talents in His service, and to play a significant role in hastening the return of Christ.
Our purpose is also to minister with love and empathy to the spiritual, physical, mental and social needs of men, women and children, showing and declaring the love of God for humanity.
Our highest aim is to lift up Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
Our mission is, in the broadest sense, common to all Christians: Lift up Christ in the church and in the world.
The vision of the Women’s Ministries Department of the Inter-American Division is to lift up Jesus Christ and Him crucified and to train the women to discover and employ their leadership and ministry in the home, the church and the community. By the transforming power of the gospel, her strength will be their strength. The Women’s Ministries Department strives to enrich and train women to perceive their value as human beings in Christ and their role in the church and society.
The mission of the Shepherdess International organization is to foster among the wives of pastors a passion for service by motivating them to be spiritually, physically, mentally and socially prepared to exercise a positive influence within their families, churches, and communities in order to lead men, women and children to the feet of Jesus.
The vision is to have a group of pastors’ wives who are united, given to prayer, consecrated, who do not yield to the distraction of selfishness, pettiness, a competitive spirit, and who, guided by the Holy Spirit, can be role models of virtue and grace for Christian women.
1. To challenge the pastors’ wives to be role models for Christian women
2. To inspire the pastors’ wives to be examples in service
3. To establish active chapters of Shepherdess International in each field
4. To conduct seminars to prepare pastors’ wives to perform various functions
5. To ensure that pastors’ wives enjoy a support system
6. To establish a network of contacts among the Shepherdess International chapters
7. To ensure that the pastors’ wives experience steady spiritual, personal and professional growth
8. To provide counseling for pastors’ wives
9. To stimulate the pastors’ wives to contribute articles for the Shepherdess International magazine
10.To pay more attention to the pastors’ children. (Camps, retreats, special programs etc.)